Friday, June 11, 2010

!!! for June 11, 2010

There was so much !!! going on this week , it could make your head spin. If you are curious to find out more about !!!, check out Momalom and Bad Mommy Moments for all the details.

1. My birthday. Thirty seven years of ups and down, but a lot of living, a lot of lessons learned, and much !!! in birthday wishes, both in person and of the electronic kind.

2. The end of the year party for my class. Such !!! in the air! Those 32 little people just blew me away this year, and truly stole my heart.

3. THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Chatting poolside with co-workers on Wednesday, surrounded and impossibly outnumbered by all our children who were also in attendance. What a great !!! to be able to be friends with those we share so much of our day with.

5. Dinner out with my hubby last night. Red wine, calamari, and having an actual conversation without someone whining that someone else is breathing on them. GOOD TIMES!

6. Turning in my classroom key this morning. There is no bigger !!! for a teacher than turning in that key. It means 10 weeks of !!! with my boys.

7. Seeing my youngest niece walk today. She started last week, but I had not seen her do it yet. But more than witnessing that feat, rejoicing at the expression on that beautiful, chubby, little face.

8. Lunch with some of my favorite people today. Chatting, exchanging motherhood stories while sipping on margaritas; frozen, no salt for me. !!! all the way!

9. The Girl's Night Out planned for tomorrow evening. These fabulous ladies' company always means !!!. And we are going to see Sex and the City 2. Double !!!

10. Ten weeks with no deadlines, no lesson plans, no testing or faculty meetings. Ten weeks of enjoying my children's smiles, activities and every free activity that I can get them into. !!!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah! I can't wait to enjoy the babies, boys and adventurous mommy outings that await us this summer. Let's revisit the last three summers... 2007 pregnant, 2008 newborn and pregnant, 2009 newborn... 2010...I'm taking a little break for the sake of my lady parts and my sanity! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I'm so happy FOR you just reading that list. I can feel the happiness and freedom bleeding out of you. It's contagious. I'm excited for summer for than I ever have been. I want to wrap my boys up and carry them into adventure with me. I want to feel the sun on my shoulders and let the weight of my worries drift away.
    !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous week! Happy Birthday and hope you enjoy Girl's Night Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Maria!!!

    Reading this post reminded me of how awesome it felt to finish school as a student. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to turn in that key. Especially after having a class with 32 kids?

    I hope the ten weeks ahead of you are filled with lots and lots of !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm honored to have been "responsible" for one of your !!!s

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...