Thursday, July 22, 2010

!!!- Intentional Happiness for the week of July 23, 2010

Watching how my three sons have come into their own over the course of this summer, I have found that there are times when there is much !!! to be had, if you just take the time to look for it.

In recent weeks, I have found Andrew, my usually quiet, thoughtful, seven year old, come out of his self imposed silence. He is a chatterbox when it comes to describing the Lego Harry Potter Wii game. And slowly, he is becoming more comfortable telling people when they have done something to upset him. !!! for Andrew finding his voice!

Joshua, my three year old, is also becoming more verbal, constantly expressing himself in a variety of ways. He is able to hold somewhat of a conversation with me, telling me what his opinion is on whatever it is that we are talking about. Lately, his new obsession is Buzz Lightyear of Toy Story fame. Nothing makes me smile more than to hear him playing with Buzz, Woody and Rocket from the Little Einsteins. !!! to hear that imagination soar!

Matthew is becoming more affectionate, much like the adorable toddler he once was. On more than one occasion in the past week, I have found that he will snuggle up to me to give me a tight hug, or a peck on the cheek. And lately, he is the one chasing me down to say goodnight. It melts my heart to see the genuine love this kid is allowing himself to enjoy. The !!! is beyond anything to be loved by this young man...

The girls, my nieces Alexandra and Allison, are coming along amazingly. Alexandra at a little over 2 years old is a caricature. She loves to hold hands with her oldest cousin, has deep, often one-sided conversations with Andrew and loves to do whatever it is Joshua is doing. Allison is something else. She often reminds me of Madge from the old Palmolive Dishwashing detergent commercials. She laughs with the same kind of laugh as my sister and I think she and I have finally come to some sort of understanding. !!! all around...

!!! for Netflix and Wii! I had no idea you could stream movies to your Wii if you have a Wi-Fi system at home! It is beyond cool.

And along the same lines, I finally broke down and bought a Kindle. I know, I know, it's not the same. But really, I don't like parting with my favorite books and this thing even reminds you of where you left off. Plus, all the classics are free from Amazon. So, yeah, it's not paper, but man, is it cool!

Successful red velvet cake baking, assembling and eating. Back to back spinning, shadowboxing, spinning classes and I am still upright. Bills paid and filed. Redone rooms still looking neat. Laundry, for the most part, up to date.  Standing in a pool in the pouring rain with my youngest swimming like a little fish. !!!

But the greatest !!! of this week is my husband. He has had a difficult time at work, mostly because of how certain people carry themselves and how they choose to get things accomplished. Regardless, he gets back in the saddle every morning, hopeful but realistic. For a creature of habit that he is, he looking around, searching out opportunities, thinking ahead. And for that, I love him all the more. !!!

What made your list of !!! this week? A little behind on what the !!! is all about? Check out Bad Mommy Moments and Momalom for the scoop on the !!!

2 comments:

  1. Red velvet cake and snuggles from wiggly kids? Big !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!! for finding voices, eating cake and bills paid & filed. And swimming in the rain? That's one of our favorite !!!s too.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...