Thursday, August 12, 2010

!!! Intentional Happiness for the week of August 13, 2010

I really missed writing my list of Intentional Happiness items during the time we were away, especially since there were so many instances of them.

Before we left, I made up my mind to run/walk a half-marathon in late January, to benefit The Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I am NOT an athletic person, however, I am REALLY looking forward to meeting this physical challenge. The response from my family and friends has been overwhelming, and when I envision the moment that I cross that finish line and see my husband and sons, I get a huge lump in my throat.

I loved meeting up with our dear friend from high school during our trip. Although our lives are so different, we are all doing things we love and believe in, so that in and of itself is a ton of !!! How many people can say that about what they do?

One of the greatest joys of the trip was to really see how big my boys have gotten. How much more they are capable of doing on their own, how much they enjoy seeing and discovering new places, how well they can navigate the D.C. Metro system. Really, !!!



The last leg of our trip was to spend time in the North Carolina mountains with my brother in law and his wife. I loved how enthusiastic they were to try new things with the boys, how they made sure that we did things that the boys would enjoy, but most of all, how they interact with my guys. They were attentive, inquiring, loving. Witnessing that, I am convinced that they will be wonderful parents some day, if we haven't completely swayed them from EVER procreating!


But what I truly needed the most (and didn't even know that I did) was to be surrounded by nature's astounding beauty. Here are some examples of the things we saw, and how by just looking at those pictures, I am there again, in my own paradise, away from the ick that we encounter every day.




Last weekend, we had the opportunity to see my favorite cousin from New Jersey.  He and his wife also have three boys, aged 13, 11 and almost 6.  My sister, her husband and my nieces joined us.  You would think that it would have been exhausting to have that many children, but honestly, those eight kids had the best time ever on the sandy beach...and their parents relished every moment we got to share together, catching up and marveling at our children. Plus, 15 month baby thighs covered in sand, closely resembling chicken fried steak?  More !!! than you can shake a stick at!


What makes you !!! ? A little late in finding all about the !!! Check out Momalom and Bad Mommy Moments to find the !!! in your everyday!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, three cheers for baby thighs and nature's beauty--definitely will make you forget the ick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will treasure those moments on the beach with the girls, Alex, and our family forever... Lots of love :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...