Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gleeful squeals, bright eyes- Intentional Happiness for the week of October 8, 2010

It has been a busy week, but one of surprises of the very best kind. At work and at home, !!! has been hard at work, trying to catch my attention.

My students, in spite of a extremely difficult math textbook, no longer act like they are being tortured to death. One student, who has had an exceptionally hard time, actually participated during class today, and was able to explain the steps in regrouping for subtraction. YIPEE!

This week, aided by technology provided by two greats, I RAN!! Four miles, 60 minutes, 2.5 minute walks, 1.5 minute runs! I DID IT!!

Found one heck of a deal in traditional Cuban guayaberas. Made from linen, these shirts and dresses are considered formalwear. What a deal!!!


I went to an informational meeting regarding renewing my National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certification. I was relieved to know that it was not going to be as involved as the initial certification was, but I will still be pretty busy.

The weather this week has been delightful. Lower humidity, lower temperatures and glorious breezes have made my week of parent car line dismissal a joy.

When I stopped by my sister's house earlier this evening, my nieces' reactions to my presence was exactly what I needed. Their high pitched squeals of delight and bright eyes as they jabbered like monkeys made my heart swell with love for these two precious babies.

My mother in law continues to be on the mend. After a week or so of recovery due to the setback, she is scheduled to begin chemo on Monday. I am so grateful she will be able to take the first major step to kicking cancer's ass.

This Saturday, all my guys and I will join countless others in The American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Annual Walk. My boys will be sporting Team Grandma shirts, and my sister and nieces will be there as well, lending their love and support.

With all that !!!, it is impossible not to feel renewed in hope and gratitude for all the beauty that surrounds me every day.


What makes you !!! ? Need to catch up? Visit Momalom and Bad Mommy Moments to get your fill on a little thing we like to call Intentional Happiness!

2 comments:

  1. You RAN? And it didn't kill you? I stand amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Also, I can't remember if I commented here before or just thought hard about it, but I wish I had ever had a math teacher like you. It might have spared a lot frustration and anxiety. I love reading about your methods and interactions with students. They are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...