Wednesday, February 24, 2010
"You like me; you really like me..."
2. Momalom. Written by sisters Sarah and Jen, who so often remind me of the relationship my sister and I share. Their thought-provoking and humorous views of motherhood resonate with me on a daily basis. One of my favorites!
3. Let's have a cocktail. JennyMac is HYSTERICAL! Her experiences and gift of storytelling is bar none! Nothing gets me laughing harder in the morning than this blog!
4 . Drama For Mama. I have just recently found Becca and love her perspective of motherhood. She has quite simply fallen in love with her children...So happy I happened upon this blog!
5. The Kitchen Witch. She was wickedly good recipes and her take on Valentine's Day: Then and Now sounds oddly familiar.
6. Life in Pencil. I was completely taken with the title and LOVE the insights of Elizabeth and Anne. Elizabeth is happily expecting her first child.
7. Motherese. Another new favorite! Kristen's heartfelt writing and reflections on herself are always on target with me.
And without further ado... 7 thoughts about me that don't include my children (this should prove to be interesting!):
1. My husband and I have known each other since our sophomore year in high school. We began dating our senior year and, God-willing, will celebrate 15 years of wedded bliss this December.
2. I was awarded a full scholarship at the University of Miami to complete my Master's degree in Education. I graduated 10(!) years ago this May.
3. I LOVE FOOD! At one point, I loved food so much that I lost close to 30 pounds!
4. My sister and I have a rare, exceptionally close relationship. We work at the same school and will talk to each other on the phone at least four times a day, outside of work!
5. I love to travel with my husband. At least once a year, we make time out for ourselves and visit a new place, just the two of us!
6. My favorite thing to do is read. From the time I was a very small child, I always found refuge in a good story.
7. I have learned to push my own boundaries since becoming a mother. I am really enjoying presenting challenges to myself, and then meeting them.
Thanks so much, Betsy! And a hearty congratulations to Liz, Jen and Sarah, JennyMac, Becca, The Kitchen Witch, Elizabeth and Anne, and Kristen!
* Recipients: Thank and link to the person that gave you the award. Then notify each recipient to let them know you’ve given them a Beautiful Blogger Award.