Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Living fearlessly

Today has been a whirlwind. So much to accomplish in so little time. So many bodies to care for, but not my own.

Last night, after a long day, I laid myself in bed. All I wanted was rest, renewal, a respite. I got very little. My favorite night time visitor. He came into bed, crying for his Mama. He got her.

As I tried to get some rest, the words swirled in my head. Perhaps it was all the reading I had done last night on courage. The words seemed to float on air, silently drifting from the infinite sky. Words; their beauty, their power, their stillness, filled my mind.

Intoxicated by sleep, I thought I would remember the luscious combinations that were created in my mind last night. Confident that my brain was a sponge, ready to soak up such beauty, I did not get up to write or jot down...

After a night of tap dancing on my back, I rose.

Having written yesterday's post helped cement something for me. For the first time, I publicly admitted something that has cost me emotionally. Something that has made me feel sad, ashamed, angry, hurt and victimized. But no more.

After reading some of the other blog posts on Courage, I truly felt that I was not alone. That others carry the same weight upon their shoulders and hearts. That they too, tried to overcome hurt and maintain a relationship, to no avail.

I find courage in those actions. Whenever we look beyond the hurt, when we are in constant motion to move forward, to break away from all that we know, to the unknown.

And that takes some serious guts.

2 comments:

  1. When you stop trying to be better, you stop being good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, you're right. There's great power and community in us all writing on one topic and sharing our innermost thoughts on it. I've also been touched deeply.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...