Monday, May 17, 2010

Storm clouds threatened...

Today, storm clouds threatened. I listened.

No rush to shuffle children to and from tennis.

No scrambling at the supermarket with three children in tow.

No coming home to pot and pans demanding to be put to use.

Storm clouds threatened. I listened.

Stayed at home. In quiet chaos.

Warmed up leftovers to feed out bodies, nourish my soul with rest.

Children finished homework.

Kitchen picked up.

Children bathed and reading in bed.

Mama bathed and reading on the couch.

Today, the clouds threatened, but meant no harm.

I listened, and I was at peace.

3 comments:

  1. How pretty this is, Maria. I like the way it comes full circle but with a different feeling about the storm inside of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to find some shelter from the storm. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone needs a little rain sometimes...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...